1. I can’t EVER be barefoot. At home, I wear socks and shoes at all times and only take them off to shower and sleep (of course, I sleep in socks). This is so bad that I can’t even wear open toe shoes. And I live in south Louisiana!
2. I can’t stand dogs. I have grown to like our dog (black lab) but still can’t stand any other dogs.
3. I’m obsessed with football. You probably already knew this one. The NFL is like a soap opera and I MUST KNOW ALL. Of course, I’m a Saints fan and my favorite player is Jimmy Graham.
4. I can’t pass through southeast Louisiana without stopping for beignets. They are my favorite food EVER. Thankfully, Cafe Du Monde now has drive-thrus! Here’s a photo of my husband and I at Cafe Du Monde before going to a Saints game last season (now THAT’S a good day!). I like to use it for my profile picture because I’m wearing my Jimmy Graham jersey… 😀
5. My husband, Jared, is absolutely my best friend. We married young – we were both 20! We spent part of our honeymoon drinking at the hotel bar and playing video poker because we were on our HONEYMOON and no one asked our age. Boy, we were KIDS!
6. Jared and I went to middle school together and couldn’t stand each other. We met again as freshman in college and still couldn’t stand each other. I’m still not sure what happened! 🙂
7. I started my teaching career in first grade and taught it for 3 years. Those teachers work the HARDEST. Whew.
8. I also spent 4 years working as a technology director and teaching technology enrichment. I loved writing grants and ordering equipment and getting teachers a technology set-up that worked for them. I hated installing printers and updating Flash player and eventually I just couldn’t take it anymore. You couldn’t pay me enough to go back!
9. My degree is in elementary education (grades 1-8) and I’m highly qualified to teach middle school math. I’ve NEVER taught middle school math, but I would love to. Maybe after I’m done teaching literature. Oh, but I’d love to teach social studies, too.
10. My favorite movie EVER is Forrest Gump. I could never watch it too many times. I think this is why I love The Wednesday Wars so much!
Be sure to click the photo at the top to get to know more teachers!